Covalent, part of the Ideagen Plc group, is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial Software as a Service (SaaS) company. We are a leading provider of cloud-based Performance Management and Governance solutions and we are unique in terms of our location in the heart of the South West – the county town of Taunton.
It has taken hard work and commitment to get where we are, but we understand the importance of work-life balance in our achievements.
As such, while we work hard, we also take great pride in making Covalent a great place to work. We believe that when our staff are happy, supported, encouraged and challenged, we have a more productive, effective and customer-friendly team.
In support of that we have a series of initiatives including:
- Continuous professional development with support for external training
- A variety of bonus schemes including going above and beyond the call of duty
- Games room with Wii & Xbox, table tennis and TV
- Flexible working
In line with growing customer demand we are always on the lookout for talented, energetic, results-driven individuals with experience of working in a software business, who thrive in a team atmosphere, and fast-paced work environment.
Below is a list of our current vacancies but we encourage potential candidates to contact us directly if they think they have what it takes to become part of the Covalent team.
At Covalent we are looking for people to join us on the apprenticeship scheme in a variety of roles. An Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start earning and get valuable work experience while studying towards a recognised qualification that will drive forward your career with us – and beyond.
Please contact us, with your CV and a covering letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the heart of everything we do are our four core values:
- We're in it together...
- We act with integrity and respect.
- We share information openly - transparency and honesty are essential to us.
- We are approachable and make time for each other.
- We coach and encourage, rather than criticise.
- We enjoy working together.
- We innovate to find a better way...
- We encourage new ideas and ways of thinking.
- We believe no idea is a bad idea.
- We are always looking to improve how we do things.
- We are empowered to make decisions and effect changes.
- We like to have fun...
- We believe that people are the heart of Covalent - we are friends.
- We look for new ways to enjoy our working day.
- We believe a relaxed working environment supports a great work-life balance.
- We arrange social activities in and out of work for everyone to be part of.
- We can make it happen...
- We want to be exceptional at what we do.
- We want to be recognised for it.
- We are passionate, and committed to delivering the highest standard.
- We do what we say we'll do.
- We give everything a try without fear of falling.
Demand Executive - Taunton Somerset
Salary & Benefits: £16,000 to £18,000 per annum, pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance.
We are currently looking for a Demand Executive to join our Marketing team. This appointment would suit a motivated and driven individual, who is looking to kick start their career in sales.
The role will be based at our offices in Taunton.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Prospecting to generate new business opportunities
- Following up on marketing lead generation campaigns (both telephone and email) for specific market sectors
- Researching organisations and individuals online to identify new leads
- Ensuring Sales and Customer Relationship Management systems (Salesforce) are continually and accurately up to date
- Summarising feedback on lead generation campaigns to improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Cold call B2B contacts to increase the database to support marketing campaigns
- Follow up with contacts engaging with content on our website or marketing campaigns
- Engage with contacts to qualify their interest in our products
- To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to converse at all business levels.
- A desire to continually learn, pick up new skills and increase your knowledge.
- Outstanding enthusiasm, passion and the determination to succeed.
- An excellent working knowledge of IT and business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use your own initiative to solve problems
- Experience of working in a high tech organisation, ideally in the IT Sector
- Experience in cold calling and lead generation
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment.
At Ideagen we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work so we offer benefits such as Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme and 32 days’ holiday including statutory holidays. We also feel it is important that all our people get to celebrate their birthday, so we allow all employees to have their birthday off.
This is a fantastic career opportunity as it is a new role in an evolving HR department within a successful, dynamic and growing organisation.
You'll also have the opportunity to develop and grow your skills within your specific area of expertise.